We are committed to offering you the very best products for problem
skin. Below is a growing list of articles and features we feel would
be of interest to you. These range from articles about specific
products we stock to articles about general skin care, whether it is a skin problem, eczema, psorosis, cancer, sun awareness, or the people behind the products. If you are looking for some inspiration, why not read one of the articles below. More articles and features coming soon.
Many of our articles
The Dermatology news headlines shown below are provided courtesy of Medical News Today and are subject to the terms and conditions stated on the Medical News Today website.
Dermatology News from Medical News Today
Newsfeed for April 2012 (Follow us on twitter for up to the minute dermatology news @pureandgentle)
- Cancer Mortality Drops In Europe
A new estimate, published today in the cancer journal Annals of Oncology, reveals that 717,398 men and 565,703 women (1.3 million people) in the European Union (EU) will die from cancer in 2012.
- Lead Levels In Lipstick Much Higher Than Previously Thought
A recent study conducted by the U.S Food And Drug Administration (FDA) reveals that over 400 popular lipstick brands contain twice as much lead as previously believed - up to 7.19 parts per million (ppm).
- protect yourself http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/sun-protection/prevention-guidelines/year-round-sun-protection
- Half of children ditch the suncream between ages of 11 and 14 'because they want a tan
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2091585/Melanoma-risk-Half-children-ditch-suncream-secondary-school-want-tan.html#ixzz1kkc1KXTK
- Psoriasis Causes: Heredity or Environment? Experts are still unclear on the exact cause of psoriasis and why it affects some people and not others. Find out how heredity and environment are factors in this autoimmune disease. read more
- GPs using complementary and alternative therapies read more
- Raising Awareness Of Male Breast Cancer As Cases Increase
Awareness of male breast cancer is low and most men do not even know they are at risk despite an increase in cases, reveals new research from the University of Leeds.Breast cancer is very much seen as a female disease with around 48,000 diagnoses in women in the UK each year.
- What Is A Breast Self Exam? Are Breast Self Exams Useful?
While breast self-exams are not recommended as a substitute for breast screening, most experts encourage women to become familiar with the way their breasts look and feel. This familiarity makes it much more likely that any changes might be detected early on.
- Kids Need To Use More Sunscreen http://mnt.to/a/44fh
A study published in the journal Pediatrics shows that most pre-adolescent children do not regularly use sunscreen, and worse, many suffer from sunburn at some point during their childhood.Figures show that people having suffered a major sunburn incident in their childhood are at double the risk of developing a melanoma later in life, so protecting children from too much sun is something parents and carers should pay more attention to.
- Skin Cancer 'Hot Spots' Expose UK Sunbathing Habits read more
- Beyond Biologics: Psoriasis Patients Can Still Benefit From Traditional Treatments read more
- Link Between Childhood Eczema, Hay Fever And Adult Allergic Asthma read more
- Skin experts: Use fake tan to achieve a healthy glow read more
- European Survey Reveals Wide-Reaching Impact Of Eczema On Quality Of Life And Emotional Wellbeing Of Children And Their Families read more
- Two young people diagnosed with skin cancer each day read more
- When It Looks Like Acne, But Isn't read more
- Shining a light on agony of psoriasis read more
- What Is Cradle Cap? What Causes Cradle Cap? read more
- I'm not drunk I have rosacea: Carol Smillie tells embarrassing story of facial flushes read more
- Treatments for eczema (overview) read more
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Stress Importance Of Individualized Treatment Plans read more
- New Information About Eczema and Food Allergies read more
- Red, White And Brown: Defining Characteristics Of Common Birthmarks Will
Determine Type And Timing Of Treatment read more
- Small Changes In Skin Care Routine Can Significantly Improve Skin Affected
By Acne And Rosacea read more
- Dermatologists Warn That Plants Can Cause A Garden Variety Of Pesky Skin
Problems read more
- Data Show Incidence Of Skin Cancer Rising At Alarming Rate read more
- Going To Great Lengths For Beautiful Hair? Dermatologist Shares Hair Care
Tips For Healthy And Damaged Hair read more
- Dermatologists Caution That Atopic Dermatitis Is A Strong Precursor To Food
Allergies read more
- What Is Acute Myeloid Leukemia? What Causes Acute Myeloid Leukemia? read more
- What Is Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia? read more
- Survey underlines poor public understanding of radiotherapy read more
- Acne Treatments: Weighing Up Your Options read more
- New NICE Guidance On Preventing Skin Cancer read more
- Eczema: the itch you can’t scratch read more
- Soothing skin read more
- Miscellaneous ie. What does the ingredients mean? Are your products safe?
- Product Articles information on the products that we sell on line or we are working with
- Wounds and scars
NICE guidance for patients and the public read more
These articles are sourced from various avenues, all contents within Pure and Gentle Skincare website is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any health care professional. Pure and Gentle Skincare is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of Pure and Gentle Skincare website or advisors. Always consult your own GP is you're in any way concerned about your health as he or she will be able to advise in greater details.